Carlos Baixeras Torrecilla
Professional practice areas
Consumer Law, Banking Litigation, Procedural Law, Business Law.
Financial, Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Insurance.
His professional practice focuses mainly on the procedural area, both in civil and commercial judicial procedures, as well as advising companies on business law.
He has over 13 years of experience in consumer litigation, the financial sector, specifically, in the defence of recognized financial entities, and the insurance sector, in the defence of multinational insurance companies in civil liability matters.
He has a deep knowledge of the insurance sector and advises on operations and regulatory aspects in this market, including insurance mediation activities and reinsurance.
Between 2010 and 2014, he gave legal advice to multinational pharmaceutical companies on commercial and contractual matters; and advised numerous companies, start-ups and accelerators since their creation and subsequent rounds of financing, as well as from the point of view of investors, and relationships between partners.
Since 2015, he has led a project to reclaim financial debts from numerous public administrations before the contentious-administrative jurisdiction in all its instances.
He also has extensive experience in the legal advice and defence of clients in the automobile industry, including large international brands. He advises in the negotiation and review of agency, distribution, renting and leasing contracts, among others, and in legal proceedings.
Lawyer at Brugueras Alcántara & García-Bragado since 2007, and partner since 2012.
- Shareholder and investor in Sitka Capital since 2014.
- Secretary of the Committee for New Initiatives at the Barcelona Círculo Ecuestre sports club.
- Graduated in Law from Barcelona University.
- Member of the Barcelona Bar Association since January 2008.
- Master’s Degree in Business Law from the Barcelona Bar Association (2009).
- Various courses: accounting for lawyers (Abat Oliba CEU 2011), Foro Aranzadi Societario (2015, Thomons Reuters Training), Property Law in Catalonia (2016, ICAB), Digital transformation of law firms (2019 Legal Innovation Institute).
- Master’s in Business Administration and Management (MBA) from the EAE business school (2020).
Spanish, Catalan, English.
Related practice areas
If you have any questions or need more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.